Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My FURL archive gets top page ranking!

ORD IRD deiodinase cortisol - Google Search

I guess it must be useful -- I was researching a question from someone else. I learn more from other people's questions!

Cortisol is the most essential of the adrenal hormones.

ORD, IRD, and deiodinase relate to the process of turning the main hormone released by your thyroid gland, called T4 for the number of iodine atoms it has, into T3, which is what's actually active in your tissues.

So if you want to know what effect taking cortisol (hydrocortisone, Cortef) would have on your thyroid hormones, then my Furl archive is considered by Google's PageRank algorithm to be your best starting point.

(Or other glucocorticoid steroids -- prednisone, prednisolone, methylprednisolone (Medrol), dexamethasone, etc.)

The irony, of course, is that most of the articles in my Furl archive I found via Google searches.

No comments: