Monday, October 02, 2006

DMV update

I never did get around to filling in subsequent events with the CA DMV...

The DMV finally granted me a phone interview, after leaving me hanging in the wind for 6 weeks or so.

Seems that because I was rear-ended a few months earlier, but the SFPD didn't report the nature of the accident, they felt they needed to determine if it was diabetes related. Duh. Asking the wrong driver -- was SHE hypoglycemic when she plowed into me and sent me to the hospital? No, much more likely she was talking on her cell phone.

"But the light was green!" (Yes, direct quote). I guess she never learned that it is traditional to allow the car ahead of you to proceed through the intersection first, without ballistic assistence.

Anyway, after the interview, "no problem" -- but they gratuitously make you wait for the US mail to deliver a letter. And then they gratiutously made the effective date ONE DAY LATER than the letter was delivered. Gratiutous punishment for what -- being honest and attempting to follow their rules?

No comments: